Wow! We have made it to Week 4! It has been a delight watching our students already grow and blossom in their desire to know and learn. The teachers and I appreciate your patience as we continue this new journey at Cimarron School of Living Education. See below for some important announcements:
A lovely parent suggested a snack sign-up for each class. I love it! Feel free to sign up to bring a snack for your child’s class this semester. No family is required to provide a snack. If there is no one signed up on a given day, Cimarron will provide a snack that day.
- If your child will be absent or late, be sure to text Minda AND their teacher ASAP.
- Get those portfolios in! Can’t remember what to do or where the form is? That’s ok- find all you need to know here.
- Please check in with your child’s Google Classroom at least once a week. Your teacher will be posting important information here.
- Make sure your child has all their supplies/books at school each week. If they take it home, please be sure to return it on the next class day.
- Wonder what goes on during Symposium each morning? Feel free to join us! We have Symposium each morning (outside for now) from 10:00-10:20ish.
- If your child has daily medication to take during the school day, please give the medicine to Minda at morning drop-off.
- Lost and Found: Minda has a “Lost and Found” basket in her office. Right now, it currently has 1 lunchbox and 2 nerf guns. Let Minda know if you’re missing anything.
As a reminder, here are our current COVID/sickness policies:
- Masks will not be required for any student, family member, or staff member. If your family feels more comfortable wearing masks, you are welcome to do so.
- If your child wears a mask to school, Cimarron staff will make every effort to remind students to keep them on. We recommend that those students bring a back up mask as well as a lanyard to keep them on their person.
- As with any illness, any students exhibiting any sickness symptoms in the past 24 hours will be asked to stay home. This includes fever, vomiting, repetitive diarrhea, new cough, etc. (Update- some have asked about siblings of such students. We prefer any siblings stay home as well at this point.)
COVID Positive/Presumed Positive:
- All individuals who contract COVID (or are presumed to have COVID) should contact Minda Ciardi as soon as possible.
- Students and teachers with COVID/presumed COVID will be required to quarantine for 10 days before returning to school.
COVID Close Contacts
- Students and teachers with prolonged close contacts will be asked to quarantine for 10 days (7 days with a negative COVID test). COVID tests must be obtained after Day 5 of exposure. This includes the student/teacher as well as any family member or other student deemed to be in close contact.
We already love your children dearly and want to provide a loving and safe environment for each of them.