Due to the cancellation of four of our class days in January, we have updated the following calendar dates in order to better serve our families:
- February 15th: This will NOT be a mid-winter break day. Instead we will have school and a Valentine’s party! If your family already has travel plans, please know that we will understand if you will have to miss school that day.
- May 12th: This is our new last day of school. This will give us three additional school days, plus the additional February day.
I’m sure everyone has noticed the weather forecast for later in the week. I will notify all parents via email and/or text Wednesday evening or before 7am on Thursday if school is to be cancelled. As a general rule, we anticipate following the Edmond School District for any weather related closures.
Here’s the our February calendar. Several things to note this month!
Early Release Days
Term 2 exams are coming fast! Remember, we have early release on exam days at 1:00 pm (Tuesday and Thursday, February 8th & 10th).
Election Polling Location at Westwood
Tuesday, February 8th is an election day and our host church, Westwood, is a polling location. We will adjust our drop-off and pick-up locations. All students will be dropped off and picked up by the door marked office on Tuesday, February 8th.
You may have noticed there are some new events listed on the Enrolled Families Facebook page!
Each month during the spring semester, Cimarron will arrange a special time just for the parents! These optional, relaxed evenings of conversation will encourage, equip, inspire and motivate Cimarron parents in their home learning days. We invite parents to participate in a way that is helpful for you– either by hosting at your home, bringing snacks, or just coming and soaking up the good conversation!
February Meeting Details:
February 7th, 7-8:30 pm
This month will be hosted by Mrs. Ciardi in her home.
RSVP, find the address, and sign up to bring a snack on the Enrolled Families Facebook page.
We have a great turn-our for our first Info Night and Viewing Day last week. Enrollment opens for new families on February 15th as well as an increase in the re-enrollment fee amount. We love all our students and want them to return!
In an effort to give our current students first priority in the 2022-2023 enrollment process, we ask families to complete a simple, online Re-Enrollment form and submission of the re-enrollment fee, letting us know they’ll be joining us for another great year of a feast of knowledge and ideas. This step allows us to make sure each student’s spot at Cimarron is reserved for the following school year, and assess how many new student seats we have available. Once you submit the Re-Enrollment form and fee, we will send you the necessary paperwork to complete the enrollment process, including a Tuition Payment Plan and an Enrollment Agreement.
Note: Cimarron will be offering two new classes next year:
Pre-K (ages 4-5 years old)
2022-2023 Re-enrollment Calendar
(Tuition Rates remain the same as 2021-2022)
|January 1-February 14||Re-enrollment for existing students onlyRe-enrollment fee: $250 per student(during these dates only)|
|February 15-March 31||New student enrollment opens Re-enrollment fee: $300 per student(during these dates only)|
|April 1 +||Re-enrollment fee: $350 per student(during these dates only)|
Siblings of current students that desire to enroll in one of our new classes listed above are welcome to enroll during the time set aside for existing students only. These students will need to complete one of the new student applications available on the website.
We look forward to continuing our partnership with your family!
Stay tuned for more information about our upcoming Cimarron Skills Camp, scheduled for February 26th.
See below for our sickness policy as stated on August 16th:
- As with any illness, any students exhibiting any sickness symptoms in the past 24 hours will be asked to stay home. This includes fever, vomiting, repetitive diarrhea, new cough, etc.
COVID Positive/Presumed Positive:
- All individuals who contract COVID (or are presumed to have COVID) should contact Minda Ciardi as soon as possible.
- Students and teachers with COVID/presumed COVID will be required to quarantine for 10 days before returning to school.
COVID Close Contacts
- Students and teachers with prolonged close contacts will be asked to quarantine for 10 days (7 days with a negative COVID test). COVID tests must be obtained after Day 5 of exposure. This includes the student/teacher as well as any family member or other student deemed to be in close contact.